An International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) has advanced practice knowledge in lactation and can help you address minor and substantial breastfeeding issues. Some breastfeeding problems take more time to work through and require more monitoring by an IBCLC.
Simply the Breast provides a variety of services to support breastfeeding mothers, striving to address your different lactation consulting and education needs. In fact, did you know you could get a video lactation consult (from the comfort of your own home!) with an IBCLC?! We are now providing these services in order to make it even easier for you to get the lactation support you need from an IBCLC!
Simply the Breast services are listed below.
The following services are designed for those who are currently having difficulty or who have had trouble in the past.
- Lactation Consultation – An in-home consultation with you and your baby to resolve any breastfeeding issues. We will assess you, your baby, and assist with a breastfeeding session, including taking pre and post feeding weights. We will address your primary concerns around breastfeeding and leave you with a plan to help you reach your breastfeeding goals.
- Initial consultations typically last 90 minutes, sometimes 2 hours.
- Follow-up consultations typically last 90 minutes, and after established care can be as short as 60 minutes.
- Video Consultation – Get a 20-30 minute video consultation on the fly. Currently only available for iphone or ipad users. Call us today to schedule one!
- Prenatal Consultation – If you have tried to breastfeed before and had difficulty or were never able to at all, this is a service for you! We will meet for approximately 60 minutes with you to review your breastfeeding history, examine you, and discuss what may have gone wrong last time. We will also review how to latch a baby, what to expect in the early days, and how we can help you reach your breastfeeding goals.
- Prenatal Breastfeeding Lesson – A private session with you (and the baby’s father, if desired) to review what to expect, key tips for the early days, and hands-on instruction for positioning yourself and baby to get a great latch. We will address your questions and concerns in advance of giving birth so you are more confident beginning breastfeeding.
Contact Simply the Breast at (805) 484-4828 for more information on pricing.
Simply the Breast provides lactation consulting and prenatal breastfeeding education services in Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park, Westlake Village, Moorpark, Simi Valley, Point Mugu, and Port Hueneme!