An International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) has advanced practice knowledge in lactation and can help you address minor and substantial breastfeeding issues. Some breastfeeding problems take more time to work through and require more monitoring by an IBCLC.
Simply the Breast provides a variety of services to support breastfeeding mothers, striving to address your different lactation consulting and education needs. In fact, did you know you could get a video consultation (from the comfort of your own home!) with an IBCLC?! We provide these services in order to make it even easier for you to get the lactation support you need from an IBCLC for a nominal fee.
The following services are available:
A consultation with you and your baby to resolve any breastfeeding issues. We will assess you, your baby, and assist with a breastfeeding session, including taking pre- and post- feeding weights. We will address your primary concerns around breastfeeding and you will leave with a plan aimed at helping you reach your breastfeeding goals.
- Initial consultations typically last 90 minutes, sometimes 2 hours.
- Follow-up consultations typically last 90 minutes, and after established care can be as short as 60 minutes.
*We offer in-home consultations exclusively for mothers who have a medical necessity not to leave the house. To do so otherwise is against the law as it goes against insurance guidelines. Please call us or fill out the “contact us” form to request a home visit due to medical necessity.
- Video Consultation – For moms for whom distance is an issue, or who prefer a consultation in their own home, we offer 60 minute consultations on video or phone. Video/telehealth services may not be covered by your insurance. Call us today to schedule one!
- Prenatal Consultation – If you have tried to breastfeed before and had difficulty or were never able to at all, this is a service for you! This service is 60 minutes long and includes reviewing your breastfeeding history, a breast exam, and discuss the “hiccups” you experienced last time. We will also review how to latch a baby, what to expect in the early days, and how we can help you reach your breastfeeding goals. *This is different than a prenatal breastfeeding class.
Breast Pump Rentals
- Hospital Grade Breast Pump Rentals – Hospital grade breast pumps are available for rent for $57 a month. Contact us today to find out if a breast pump is available for renting and to schedule your pick-up in office.
- Prenatal Breastfeeding Class – Online class in which we review the fundamentals of breastfeeding, including latch, what to expect, and benefits of breastfeeding. Classes are offered on a monthly basis.
- Prenatal Breastfeeding Lesson – A private session to review what to expect, key tips for the early days, and hands-on instruction for positioning yourself and baby to get a great latch. We will address your questions and concerns in advance of giving birth so you are more confident beginning breastfeeding. Approximately 60 minutes.
Contact Simply the Breast at (805) 484-4828 for more information on pricing.
Simply the Breast provides lactation consulting and prenatal breastfeeding education services to Ventura County!